Sunday 23 March 2014

Life is suddenly getting complicated

Not only has G's RAF buddy died this week at the tender age of 62, but his father's brother John also died this morning. We were hoping to meet up with Neil and Kath on NB Herbie at Marsworth tomorrow but we won't get beyond Slapton realistically, although we should still pass each other en route somewhere and I'm sure G can make a cake to compliment some coffee. We also have plans to meet up with Pip and Roger on NB Windsong this week and G's son and grandchildren and it just happens to be my 60th birthday on Wednesday.
It looks like they'll be two funerals the following week and then G's 60th birthday after that and then we'll be shipping out to Belgium. I think these last 3 weeks are going to vanish in a flash.


Having now completely saddened myself I think I need to segue back to the normality of everyday life and put up some pics of our everyday travels; we're at The Globe at the moment and I'd hoped to do the Ridge Walk but the low ground between the Ridge and the towing path is still under water.


Now I can't get into my photos tonight - one of those days






8 comments:

  1. Poor Graham, we know how hard it is to lose a friend at too young an age.
    If you want to have a day off and stay at the Globe we could make it there for Tuesday evening. If not I'll look forward to the cake :-)
    Kath (nb Herbie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear your sad news, we send our sincere condolences.

    Obviously all this has affected your typing Jill... 60??... on Wednesday... surely you mean 40!! :)

    Kevin xx & Harry xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys but you are a pair of smoothies - what are you after: his cake or my curry?
      xx

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear your sad news. Thinking of you.

    Alistair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sincere condolences to Graham but hope that you manage to celebrate your 60ths in style. Our thoughts are with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apologies if ths iappears twice, as I lost signal first time.

    Is that the Globe or the Grove?

    Richard
    nb Indigo Dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely the Globe Richard; I do try not to repeat my mistakes!
      xx

      Delete
  6. Alistair, George and Carol thank you for your kind thoughts.

    ReplyDelete