Sunday 9 February 2014

There are so many bad things happening at the moment

Not just the desperate weather, but so many poorly bloggers and/or bloggers undergoing tests. So, by contrast, I thought I'd try and raise a smile by telling of the three really stupid things I've done in this last week.

Now I did mention how I did a 4 mile round trip through the mud to the butcher at South Kilworth to pick up my 'special' bacon. I pre-ordered this bacon on the 'phone for 5 x 250g packs of wafer thin smoked streaky, vacuum packed (keeps for ages in the fridge). Did I check it when I handed over the money? No.
Opening the first pack for breakfast this week I discovered that, not only was it in chunks about 6mm thick (yuk!), it was in unsealed poly bags - not even a red sticky seal round the top.
I feel there may be a lot of bacon lardon and lentil soup happening on MR now.

My next star turn was untying the front of MR from a nappy/safety pin on arnco. Now I have spent many an angry minute trying to get those pins off where they jam firmly and refuse to let go. Thursday I pulled the rope out and watched the pin make a bid for freedom into the murky depths of the canal. Eventually rescued with the sea search magnet and a lot of bad language.

However, my absolute idiocy this week was to receive a new debit card from the bank and cut up my credit card - so now I'm waiting for a new credit card! Those of you, like me, without a letter box know just how much hassle is involved in such an operation.

I blame it on my age

14 comments:

  1. J'aime soupe à base de lard et lentilles :)
    Au moins, vous obtenez un crédit de 100% pour votre honnêteté !!
    Et cela n'a rien à voir avec votre âge, la consommation de vin juste LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je vous promets que pas une goutte de vin a ete consomme.

      That's ete with a mini / over each e and another over the e in consomme. Have you got an international keyboard you flas person?
      xx

      Delete
    2. Je vous crois, que des millions ne serait pas. ;)

      No, no clever keyboard, no clever user either...
      but I do have access to http://translate.google.com/ LOL

      Delete
    3. You're wearing me out Kevin - I'll look it up in a bit, although I think I should know that one

      Delete
  2. Awww thanks Graham for lifting our spirits. And remember my favorite saying: Alzheimers is infectious--we get it from our kids!
    JaqXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not Graham Jaq, it's me on the blog and himself on Facebook. Which leaves me wondering where my Alzheimers has come from ...... could it be Graham that's contagious?

      Delete
  3. Hmmm, when it arrived, I accidentally cut up my new debit card instead of the old one - only found out when I came to use it a month later - oops!

    Now, like you, I'm far too young to blame it on my age :-) so what other excuses can we come up with....

    Sue, nb Indigo Dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. At least I spared myself the embarrassment of trying to use it!
      I do blame it on my age; that and chilling full time on a boat - you are too young and your life is so NOT chilled. I think, for you, it must be stress.

      Delete
  4. Well that is three things so there won't be any more! Well it is two really because the bacon wasn't your fault!

    Watchout tomorrow then for the third one eh?!

    Teehee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G said the bacon WAS my fault; but then isn't everything?
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Nice site!! Hope we meet in France. What date are you going over? Bill on nb Rosy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bill, I think Graham has e-mailed you in detail. I hope we do meet up and we are being put back in on 15th April. Please stay in touch

      Delete
  6. I climbed down off the roof of our boat by sliding on my bum until I reached the gunwale. We then went shopping. I went to pay and couldn’t find my wallet, it was then that I knew my wallet had come out of my back pocket and dropped into the cut. I phoned the bank to cancel the cards and arrange for new ones. Two weeks later we went shopping; it was raining, so I put on my raincoat and found my wallet in the map pocket!! So don’t feel too bad about it Jill, it can’t be Alzheimers.........I would know if I had that? George

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Alzheimers chappy is causing a bit of an epidemic George! Mind you, that blog seems to have brought out a confession or two. xx

      Delete