Tuesday 6 December 2011

We're back - we have a signal in the pub!

We had forgotten that the majority of the southern end of the South Oxford Canal is cut off from all modern communication formats - 'phones as well as t'internet.

So here I am trying to do a quick blog in The Bell at Lower Heyford - it's a tough job, but one of us had to do it, although himself had to come too so as he could get e-mails etc off his 'phone at the same time ......
.................................................................................................................................................................
.....and this was as far as I got with that blog on the 24/11 when the computer locked up and it was chucking out time (3.00pm) before we could get it fixed. So, finally, and very belatedly, on 6th Dec here is my Oxford (day 1). This is the classic bit - I never did 'tourist' when I lived here for a short while
Sheldonian







Somerfield College


I love the Turf Tavern; described as, 'a satisfyingly difficult place to find by chance'. It's around 30 years since I've been there but, amazingly, I managed to find my way round back streets and alleys. It was nice to be able to introduce the crew of NB Beefur to it's hidden delights


Carfax clock tower



Closer to home was the Weatherspoons - I only had a scarf with me, but this pint could have done with at least a hot water bottle if not an electric blanket!!!
Oxford (day 2) was dedicated to dogs and the rural side - you only get 2 days. Why we stuck to the rules though I'm not so sure, no-one else did, but that's a rant for another day - signal permitting of course

No comments:

Post a Comment