Tuesday 24 May 2011

Meet my new pet - Charlie

This little feller took up residence in the galley window; having swatted a fly I chucked it in the direction of the window ledge - up he popped and grabbed it! So I fetched the camera and tossed in another one, up he came again. Serving such a useful purpose I think we can give him (or her - how do you sex a spider?) a permanent home.....G thinks I've lost it.

 these guys are taking advantage of the temporarily vacant mooring opposite
 The leaning chimneys of Brewood
 Taking advantage of our first 'rest' day in a week, I set off for a nice dog walk. Firsly I encountered the dreaded fishing match.
 Then the 'don't come anywhere near my land' farmer
 Eventually I found some nice footpaths
 and the boys found a nice muddy stream





2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill,

    O M G!!! That spider is HUGE!!!!! There is no way I would have stayed anywhere near it. You must be so brave. Just imagine if it had crawled over you at night. Doesn't bare thinking about!
    I enjoy reading your blog and look forward to the day when our paths will cross.
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Irene, I have no love for spiders either however, I have even less for flies and it has helped with my phobia!

    ReplyDelete