Thursday 4 October 2012

Hooray it's flue day

We left Ely at 8.30 this morning (2nd day on the trot I've been dragged out of my pit at 7.00am).
Because we've been backwards and forwards through here this summer, I've started to take the pretty water frontage for granted but, even in my bleary eyed state, I couldn't fail to appreciate it afresh this morning in the lovely early morning sunshine.
We were up early as we had an appointment with the man who was going to fabricate our flue - he could fit us in a day earlier if we could be there for 9.00am






 Aspirational cat - I think Daisy rather fancies herself on a Dutch barge
5.30pm final fitment of flue
 5.45 pm fire lit - all nice and toasty this evening. No need to wrap a blanket round my legs tonight
Didn't he do well

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm very pleased - the flue was a lot trickier than we realised

      Delete
  2. Reminds me of a certain number by The Shadows: "It's been a flue day" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND as a special add-on, a nice sheet of brass to keep polished as well!!
    Lovely job and the painted wall panels set it off rather nicely if I might say....
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might indeed - we didn't want you to think we were sat on our bums whilst you are away

      Delete
  4. Did you have a look around the antique centre by the Marina Bridge. Spent a happy hour there looking round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did Andy, it's a great place to browse in but, sadly, not a lot of room for knick knacks on a boat

      Delete
  5. Try This:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFZ90mOvnrM

    ReplyDelete