Monday 5 July 2010

Houghton Mill and Village


I had  looked forward to arriving at St Ives for sometime as I have fond childhood memories of going there for family picnics and fishing trips to catch Chub and Gudgeon on bent pins with a bit of cheese. As beautiful as it is; I remembered none of it and felt a bit disappointed. That is, until Lesley and I walked the dogs down to Houghton Mill.

This was the place in my memory and many people were enjoying it's same charms (a generation on) in the glorious sunshine.


We then had a little wander around the village - we'd said we would just take the dogs out for an hour but, somehow, managed to be gone for 3+ hours again.

Just back to the boats in time for a shower and change before walking into St Ives for dinner - a busy, bustling little town on a sunny summer Saturday evening.
One of the pubs in Houghton village and a very chocolate box cottage


No comments:

Post a Comment