Wednesday 11 April 2012

Blimey ( a quick extra blog)!

My lovely cousin Sonia and her husband Mike live in Thrapston and came across tonight for a drink - she bought with her my maternal family tree tracking back to the mid 1600s. As the dates came closer to the relatives I had heard of or knew there were some fairly big bags of skeletons - my next conversation with my mother will be interesting - I bet she won't tell me. There's been some stuff on my Dad's side which I have never been able to get to the bottom of - such a shame as the secrets will all die with her and I'm not judgmental; it's just social history - my social history. I guess you just have to respect peoples privacy/secrets.

2 comments:

  1. You've done very well with your family history - my mum set me to finding out more about my grandad (her dad) who was an orphan (long story) - the results upset her beyond and made her sisters (my aunts) cry - never again - the past can keep its secrets :-)

    Sue, nb Indigo Dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cautionary tale - probably best to keep quiet then

      Delete