Friday 18 September 2009

Bollington and White Nancy

When we moored in Bollington on the way through we thought we'd seen the town, but there are actually 3 parts to it and its' rather nice.





So we hauled our short fat hairy's out the back of the town and climbed our way up to "White Nancy".


The handsome Floyd posedfor me halfway up, which gave me an excuse to catch my breath!


This is the monument/folly as it used to be

and this is it as it is now! oh well, at least it's not covered in graffiti.





The views, however, did not dissapoint

The Middlewood Way runs from Marple to Macclesfield along a disused railway line and is open to walkers, joggers, horse riders and cyclists.........grrrrr....I'm beginning to hate cyclists.
This is one of the carvings along the way.
Oooops! I've just gone into edit this and, in the process, have lost someone's comment. SORRY. I think it was Aljero saying what a beautiful place it is to visit and they are so right.

No comments:

Post a Comment