Thursday 9 October 2008

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder



Both NBs Debdale & Granny Buttons have commented recently that they hadn't connected our boat with our blog - the former being Matilda Rose & the latter being Contented Souls. The simple reason for this is that Graham started the blog when we exchanged contracts on the sale of our home & business &, although he had emotionally purchased MR, it would have looked more than a little presumptious to name the blog accordingly when:
a) I hadn't seen her
b) No financial approach had been made to her owners
c) She hadn't been surveyed
20ish years ago we had a 22ft Norman at the top of the Thames called Contented Sole II (sadly, she blew up & sank - but that's a different story!) so we adapted her name for this blog in anticipation of our hoped for state of mind in our new lifestyle.
Talking of, "state of mind" I am beginning to suffer from a serious case of OCD with regard to wood. When I said we finished chopping and sorting wood, what I didn't say was what I(he's not to blame) had sorted it into! I now have sections for lighting (dried leaves & stalks etc); kindling (up to 1"); early stage (about 1/2" in diameter); quick burn (Leylandi etc); slow burn (dense wood like Hawthorn) and wet (to smoke out any annoying neighbours-although we haven't had any YET). Up to now, he's treated this growing obsession with mild, albeit slightly patronising, humour-but when I went to take photos of each section for the blog, I could tell by the look on his face that I've gone a bit too far. I'll have the last laugh when winter sets in big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment