Saturday 28 September 2013

An epic voyage of 1 and a half lock miles

We left our fab mooring on Friday and positioned ourselves at the Trout moorings at Tadpole Bridge where I had positioned a car earlier in the week. Sue and I drove into the butchers at Bampton and then G and Vic drove to the other Trout at Godstow to pick up Vic's daughter, Lou, who was visiting No Problem for a few days. So Sue and I sat on the bank with the dogs and Daisy and had a natter and a pint whilst we waited their return. G and I retired for the evening to share a bottle of wine over Strictly.

Set off  this morning towards Bablock Hythe.  G pulled over to water above Shifford whilst I set the lock - I expect most of them to be on DIY at this time of year and at the top end of the Thames. If there is a lockie it's a bonus.

 With perfect timing NP arrived just as G finished with the water jet hose
 Vic comes in ready to pass me the rope to starboard-
- just as Sue goes to port. We hovered in the lock as some EA guys told us to help ourselves in the orchard. Plums and cherries were ripe, but the pears weren't ready. Lou on the back with Sue and wearing a happy grin
 NP approaches Newbridge 
 we pulled in just through the bridge at the Rose Revived for lunch where I got my other lovely locking glove back (left behind on our way upstream) hooray!
 where I got all broody over this 12 week old Norwegian Elk Hound
 then through Northmoor lock onto the meadow at Bablock Hythe for a few ball games before Sue and I set off for a walk
 Baxter and Muttley were, unusually, enthusiastic about the game and wouldn't stand still long enough for me to get their buoyancy jackets off
 but G had to stop before Penny pup gave herself a cardiac

No comments:

Post a Comment