Sunday 31 January 2010

Iced in again


We woke to ice again yesterday morning and, with the forecast for colder nights to come, we decided to stay where we were. I set off through Kingsbury Park and across the river Tam to find a shop which also contained a butcher. This must be my prettiest walk to a shop ever.

Graham made some bread and the very nice guy in the boat behind filled our Jerry can with petrol for the genny, so we are OK for 4 or 5 days if needs must. We probably won't go to Worcester now as we only have 5 weeks and there are over 170 locks, but we will make a final decision when we can move again.



I met this most extraordinary dog yesterday, it was like a whirling dervish and wouldn't stand still for long enough to get a decent photo. It was like watching a mop head moving at 100 mph. The owner said that it never stopped moving whilst awake & then slept where it dropped for 14 hours. This was the best shot I could get although.......
....I've included this one to give an idea of how tiny it is using Muttley for scale. Evidently, it is a deliberate cross between a Yorkshire Terrier and a Bichon Frise, I'll swear it was smaller than Daisy and is certainly a good size for a boat; however, I would want one with an 'on' and 'off' switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment