Wednesday 22 January 2014

A nice surprise and a joyous reunion

Trundling along the towing path in to Market Harborough yesterday, I was greeted by two very excited Labradors shortly (sorry, I promised not to call her shortly) followed by Lesley. The 4 dogs went nuts as it's roughly 10 months since they've seen each other.

 Here's the good ship Yarwood pulling alongside the coal boat before Joe went off to sort their car out
 G and I were kindly invited to join the M H marina boaters last night for steak night at the Weatherspoons and we actually knew one of the couples whom we had met when they had their previous boat
 More dog walking today before Lesley and I went off to do a bit of shopping and enjoy a pint in The Swan
 When I arrived back at MR we had a new boat moored behind us - no mistaking that colour scheme; it's Harnser and Brian, Diana and G were  sat round having tea and a natter. Another brilliant day.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lisa, I'm too old for that - please explain what you are saying. Please tell me it's not French!¬!!!!

      Delete
    2. Lisa, I'm too old for that - please explain what you are saying. Please tell me it's not French!¬!!!!

      Delete
  2. Translated it means I am most envious of you being in MH, meeting fine old friendly boaty people and being at the Angel too.
    No not French but bang up to date modern Essex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you and Yarwood together again after so long.

    PS - I'm 'down with the kids'! Well jel means 'Well jealous' - this is the extract from the Urban Dictionary -

    "Abbreviation of very jealous. Most commonly used in Essex in the UK and became well known after the tv show 'The Only Way Is Essex' aired. Sometimes even more abbreviated to just jel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa and Pip, sorry I've been a few days - it's been a bit busy. Glad you're both up with the lingo; I am most impressed - particularly that Lisa knew I was in the Angel and not the Swan as I said

    ReplyDelete